Logging in, Getting access
- If you have an EMBL/EBI account, login here
- If you need access, email firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- Directly in the contentHub: /admin/content.
- From a page: add
?embl-conditional-edit=enabledto the end of a URL
When the contentHub is complete, we expect most content to be created on other systems and websites (such as the EMBL Etc. WordPress site) and imported into the contentHub, where it can be curated and polished for reuse across EMBL digital properties.
However, this is currently an alpha so quite a bit of content will still be authored on this site, which is a Drupal site.
Here are the basics.
- To create content go to /node/add
- Select the type of content you wish to create, such as an "article"
- Fill out the field according to the inline documentation
During the initial alpha, changes should show up on external sites almost immediately. In the future edits may take some minutes to show.
Putting content on pages
While over time we will support JSON and XML, for now we support on HTML
link embeds, these integrate with the Visual Framework patterns.
A request for a
vf-intro looks like
That can be used on a page like:
<link rel="import" href="https://dev.beta.embl.org/api/v1/pattern.html?filter-content-type=article&filter-id=575&pattern=node-body&source=contenthub" data-target="self" data-embl-js-content-hub-loader>
The API and documentation to do this is currently being implemented and there is some technical documentation available.
Need more help?